Your immigration success story begins now

Practice Areas

Green Cards

Family-based Immigration

Work Visas

Labor Certifications


Domestic Violence (VAWA) / Victims of Criminal Activity (U VISA)

EB5 Visa

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

Student and Tourist Visas

Temporary Protective Status (TPS)

USCIS Interviews

Consular Processing


Violence Against Women (VAWA) and Victims of Criminal Activity (U Visa)

If you are a battered spouse, child or parent of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may apply for an immigrant visa petition under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Pines Law Group can assist and insure you are taking the necessary steps to apply and protect yourself. While the VAWA petition is pending, you can apply for work authorization and a travel document. Once your VAWA application is approved, you can obtain lawful permanent residence. If you are in removal proceedings, you may also be eligible for relief if you have been the victim of abuse or extreme cruelty by applying for VAWA cancellation of removal. If you are the victim of abuse, we can guide you through this difficult process.

If you are a victim of a crime, you can come forward and assist law enforcement without fear due to your immigration status and be eligible for a U visa. To qualify for a U visa, certain conditions must be met: some of which are being the victim of a qualifying crime, have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse, possess information about the criminal activity, have been or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement. If you meet these criteria, Pines Law Group can assist you in filing the necessary paperwork to eventually obtain lawful permanent resident status. Upon U visa approval, you can obtain a work permit and petition to include certain family members.

Tell us about your case

09:00am - 5:00pm
Mon - Fri

Schedule a Consultation

We are ready to assist you. Schedule your Immigration Consultation now in our calendar.

Follow the main updates on immigration to the United States.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Open chat
Can we help you?